Verve Therapeutics is a biotechnology company created with a singular focus: to protect the world from heart disease. The company brings together human genetics analysis and gene editing — two of the biggest breakthroughs in 21st century biomedicine — to develop transformative therapies for coronary heart disease. Verve is developing medicines, administered once in life, to safely edit the genome of adults to permanently lower LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels and thereby treat coronary heart disease. Founded by world-leading experts in cardiovascular medicine, human genetics and gene editing, Verve is backed by a top-tier syndicate of investors, including GV (formerly Google Ventures), ARCH Venture Partners, F-Prime Capital, Biomatics Capital, Wellington Management, Casdin Capital, and Partners Innovation Fund. The company was recognized as a “2020 Best Places to Work” by the Boston Business Journal. Verve is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The Senior Accountant will be a critical part of the Finance team. This individual will have direct involvement with daily accounting activities and the month-end close process. These activities will include preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, expense reports, and assisting with departmental financial analysis.
We are seeking a motivated individual who can work well in a dynamic, fast-growing and positive Company environment. Candidate must be very detail-orientated and enthusiastic to do daily activities. This position will report to the Senior Director of Finance.
- Process Accounts Payable
- Manage the cash disbursements, expense report processing, and credit card payments
- Manage the payroll process, including regular and special payrolls, work closely with HR to ensure timely and accurate changes to payroll, and reconciling payroll to the general ledger
- Perform bank reconciliations and post all bank entries
- Manage the outsource procurement company, as needed
- Perform monthly close activities including account reconciliations, such as fixed assets, leases and accrued expenses.
- Book resource allocations, as necessary, as part of GL close
- Prepare and enter month end journal entries
- Assist with monthly or quarterly contract accruals process
- Review and ensure accurate coding and processing for vendor invoices, employee expense claims, and corporate credit card reconciliations
- Build strong cross functional relationship with Human Resources to ensure timely and accurate employee transactions and to provide ad hoc confidential support (PTO tracking, benefits administration, etc.).
- Assist the Senior Director with Equity Administration for all plans and transactions, as needed
- Contribute in the quarterly and year-end audit process, including managing materials to support audit requirements/requests and interacting with auditors
- Support and maintain compliance across the company including tax filings, implementation of controls.
- Help and assist with system implementations and upgrades, including Microsoft Dynamics, ReQlogic, ADP, and payments platform.
- Assist the Senior Director in Financial Statement preparation – Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow and Equity.
- Interface with auditors during annual financial audit
- Document and strengthen internal controls (SOX)
- Document and implement Finance and Accounting policies and procedures
- Assist Sr Director of Finance with Budget and Forecasting responsibilities
- Other projects, as assigned
Verve Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies
Verve Therapeutics does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Verve Talent Acquisition. Please do not forward resumes to our firstname.lastname@example.org account, Verve employees or any other company location; Verve Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.